2012 Cairo CornStalk Festival Pie Baking Contest
YUM!! It’s time again for the 3rd Annual Cairo CornStalk Festival Pie Baking Contest! Whether it be berry, apple or cream pie, bring out your favorite pie for judging. The remaining pie will be sliced and sold Saturday with proceeds benefiting the Cairo CornStalk committee.
- Eligibility: Anyone who can bake may enter! There is no age limit!
- All entries will be judged on: Appearance (25%), Taste (50%), Overall impression (25%).
- You may enter as many pies as you would like.
- Pies NEED to be baked in an 8 or 9-inch DISPOSABLE pie pan. Please bring your entries wrapped in plastic or foil.
- All entries must be baked at home. No pre-mixes, canned fillings, commercial mixes.
- Recipes should accompany contestant’s baked entry but contestant’s name cannot appear on the recipe.
- All pies become the property of the CornStalk committee and will be sold following the judging results.
- The judging will take place after the parade on Saturday.
- A first place, second place and third place will be awarded to the top 3 entries.
The pies can be dropped off between 8-9 am at the Cairo Community Center. Contact Christy Osburn at 485-4742 or 308-383-5506 for more information!